One of the most difficult challenges a supervisor faces is handling disputes between their staff. Dealing with conflict might feel uncomfortable and time consuming, but supervisors must address the discord before it escalates. Workplace conflicts not only affect the parties involved. They can create higher stress levels, increase absenteeism, and reduce productivity throughout the office. Supervisors must find a solution that feels fair and equitable to all involved without taking sides.
Professional mediation can help. Mediation has a proven success rate in resolving workplace disputes.
- Facilitates a conversation with the staff experiencing the office conflict.
- Offers staff the opportunity to talk about the issue within a safe, comfortable, confidential setting.
- Helps staff explore miscommunication, find commonalities, and develop agreements with the parties involved.
As of September 2013, mediation services are available statewide through a Department of Enterprise Services (DES) master contract #06313.
- All state agencies can now access professional mediation at a minimal cost to their agency.
- State agency employees, including supervisors and workgroups, can use mediation services to help resolve conflicts.
If your agency is interested in exploring mediation options, please see:
Mediation Contract #06313.